Follow me on Pinterest

6.06.2015

Fourth of July Americana Quilt



I've been wanting an Americana Quilt for some time now. I love red, white, and blue together because I'm so patriotic. Plus it's so summery and fun! I found the CUTEST Riley Blake fabric called "vintage verona" and I based all the colors for my quilt off of it. 
Red, coral, navy, cornflower, off white, and white.
Since I like you so much, I will write a quick tutorial for my Americana blocks
Start off with a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch square
(cut out as many as you need for the amount of squares you want to make. My quilt was 36 blocks total. Each block was 12 inches so my finish quilt measures 72x72 inches, or 6x6 feet)
*Prior quilting/sewing experience is necessary in order to make this block/quilt
Now out eight 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch squares in white, four 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch strips in your colored fabric, and four 2 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch in your colored fabric
Place your fabric for the first part of the block and sew it all together

Next place the four  2 1/2 x 8 1/2 strips and the remaining four 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 squares around and sew together
You have your first block! Now just make 35 more and you have a quilt big enough for a 4th of July picnic

Once you've sewn them all together, lay out the blocks, move them, clean them up, lay them out again, change your mind, spend hours moving blocks around, and finally after you get sick of seeing these colors, sew the dang quilt together and call it good! 

Have some super cute stars quilted on and you're good to go! This is the perfect quilt for me to take to the beach! 

Oh you should also find an ADORABLE picnic basket to go with your new quilt. I found this one at Target, and had my equally ADORABLE niece model for me


No comments:

Post a Comment