Follow me on Pinterest

2.21.2015

Chinese New Year cupcakes

Happy Chinese New Year! 
This year is the year of the sheep. I made some fun cupcakes for a Chinese New Year party I'm attending. I think they turned out pretty adorable! 
These are fruit cake cupcakes. White cake (sometimes angle food cake, but I use my go-to vanilla cake recipe). Topped with a heavy whipping cream frosting. Which is just heavy whipping cream whipped until it thickens, and powdered sugar to your preferred sweetness.
I wrote sheep (or goat) in Chinese with melted chocolate, froze it, then used it as a cupcake topper along with mandarin oranges and strawberries
 The sheep's face is fondant, and the body is marshmallows. Super easy, and super cute! 
 Happy New Year! 

新年快乐













No comments:

Post a Comment