Follow me on Pinterest

1.28.2015

Valentines Table Runner



Normally I'm not too into Valentines day.
But I am into Valentines day fabric!!! 
The stinking cute birds
Strips and polka dots
And my all time favorite, the postage stamps! 
Oh my heck can we say ADORABLE! 

Naturally, I had to start celebrating the holiday so that I could make fun things out of my fabric
This is an easy peasy table runner. I measured how long/wide I wanted it. Then I decided to use some left over squares from my VALENTINE WALL HANGING., which were 3 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. So I made all my squares that size (I like things easy!). I cut out strips of fabric that were 3 1/2 inches wide (by however long)
Sewed my strips together 
 
And cut them out at 3 1/2 inches
I didn't want all my fabric strips to be the same so I mismatched them and unpicked some so I could  move things around a bit.
Sewed all the strips together 18 rows long by 5 inches wide
Did some free motion hearts and swirls (practicing on table runners is the best!)



Even the back of this is cute.. I went a little Valentines day crazy here
And you've got a runner! 


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore your quilt runner and your matching wall hanging, I wish you would write up your Love Birds Valentine Wall Hanging instructions, I'm brand new to quilting, I think your Love Birds hanging will be my first project, just sooooooo totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete