Follow me on Pinterest

6.01.2014

Glamping Party



Glamping party! 
I am NOT a party planner, I like making cakes and food, and that's about it. But I decided it was time for me to learn how to throw a cute party. It was lots of work, but it looked great, and the best part is, I only spent $100 for the decorations, invitations, and food! 



I ordered my invitations, banners, signs, and party thank yous made for $28, from WithEnvyParties. I then printed them out at home, and cut, glued everything together. I like this option because I didn't have to spend the time making my own bunting, banners, and invites! 
 Oreo cookie display, using the back of mini flags  to show flavors 
Chargers and oreo food tray were bought at joanns for .99 cents
Scavenger hunt activity, free printable found online

 Free printable found online, I used a wooden plaque from Michaels that I painted a saying on. I just cut out my saying, placed paper around it to cover the painted words on the sign, and taped it over my plaque for the day. Yeah for being able to use something you already had!
 Cake stand- I had high hopes of making my own, but I ran out of time. Simple, quick, solution- I covered my cake turn table with crepe paper and instant cake stand! 
 Mason jars found at michaels for 35% off, straws from target, gumballs from Joanns 
 Giveaway bags are from the dollar store, and again I used my download for the cute treat tags!
 My backdrop for the cake is a big cardboard box covered in fabric. I didn't buy the fabric for the party, but since I hadn't made anything out of it yet, I went ahead and duct taped it to the back of the box. Then I used my sewing pins to secure the "Happy Birthday" banner into the box so that it wouldn't damage my fabric! 

The party was a success and I felt happy knowing that I didn't spend absurd amounts of $$ on it! 

What are your favorite money saving tips for throwing birthday parties?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment