Follow me on Pinterest

4.29.2014

Hegehogging Quilt

Can a hedgehog ever be cute? When I saw this fabric I decided they could be. This quilt was made from fat quarters except for the royal blue which is 1/2 yard so that I could use it for the binding.





I practiced drawing the 'hog' on graph paper and then cut him out with double-sided fusible interfacing. He is ironed down on a piece of white fabric which measured 10 1/2 by 13 1/2". After I ironed him down I used a straight stitch around all edges and then hand embroidered his mouth.

This quilt measures 40 by 42" finished. The strips where cut at varying widths to add interest and to use up the fabric. The back is green chevron which is also 100 percent cotton. Quilt was stippled in turquoise thread.

VERY EASY AND QUICK QUILT TO SEW!

This quilt is available in my etsy shop
 photo etsy_zps31ccd80f.png


No comments:

Post a Comment