Follow me on Pinterest

2.22.2014

Sunny Circles (baby quilt)



Is it just me, or is winter taking its own sweet time to run its weary course? This happy little number has given me a much-needed lift. Still practicing my applique and decided circles would be fun to try. I love the pink and orange together. Most of this fabric is from Joann's. I went in to get batting and saw this fabric and decided what the heck. The squares are 6 1/2 x 6 1/2" with the circles traced from a bowl (they are about 4 3/4"). There are a total of 18 circles; 3 of each color. It took about 3/4 yards of the flower and white fabrics and I bought 1/4 yard of the others. Yes, there are left overs so this quilt, at some point, will have a sibling.


Also from Joann's, this is their $7.99 flannel but I had a 50% coupon. I bought 1 1/2 yards
 and then  cut an 8" piece off the end to sew onto the side.

No, that is absolutely not snow peeking out from behind my quilt!
This item is available in my etsy shop
 photo etsy_zps31ccd80f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment